But in a change to the original schedule, Lahore will now host both semi-final matches next Tuesday and the final on Wednesday.
The PSL, on its part, has turned the knockout stage into a two-day affair with the semi-final double-header to be held on March 17 and the final on March 18 in Lahore. The final was originally scheduled to be held on March 22.
The announcement comes hours after the board announced that the tournament will continue as planned.
Peshawar Zalmi, which will take on Multan Sultans in Karachi, will be most affected with the withdrawal of the foreign players after Brathwaite, Dawson, Gregory, Livingstone and Banton made a decision to go home.
PCB had also said that all players participating in PSL 2020 have been given the option to pull out of the tournament amid growing fears of the coronavirus pandemic.
PCB CEO Wasim Khan confirmed all issues were discussed with the team owners on Friday before allowing foreign players and support staff to go home. "Ensuring that the players feel comfortable remains paramount to the PCB".
Canadian military prepares against COVID-19 spread
Henry said four of the new cases in B.C. are people with close household contacts of previously announced cases. By the end of next week, B.C. will have four additional labs to carry out coronavirus testing, said Horgan.
Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has announced to organise remaining matches of Pakistan Super League (PSL) 5 behind closed doors in Lahore's Gaddafi Stadium due to fears of coronavirus, ARY News reported on Friday.
"As of now it is important to emphasise and clarify that the main concern of numerous 10 players and coach (who are returning home) revolves around avoiding a potential situation where they might become stranded due to flight cancellations or border closures in their own countries", he said. ESPNcricinfo understands that the PCB is also in contact with the competent authority in the government and will continue to monitor the situation closely and "won't hesitate to make what we believe are the right decisions for everyone involved".
"This decision has been taken to protect the health and safety of the spectators, players, officials and media".
However, the board said that the match will be played behind closed doors and only event accredited personnel will be allowed to enter the venue.
Unfortunately, the stadium will not be opened for the public as per precautionary step taken by the government to avoid the spread of coronavirus.